Diagnostic Services at Our Kissimmee Animal Clinic
Injuries, illnesses, and emergencies can strike pets at any time. Sometimes they produce alarming and confusing symptoms. Other times, your pet may harbor a serious condition without displaying any symptoms at all. No matter what, timely, accurate diagnosis can make all the difference in getting your pet the help he needs. That's why we make a point of offering a number of sophisticated diagnostic services at Allendale Animal Health Center in Kissimmee.
Our Diagnostic Techniques and Technologies
Our veterinarian, Dr. Figueroa, may perform diagnostic testing or evaluation for a wide range of reasons. Many such tests occur during routine wellness exams as a means of catching any lurking diseases or other abnormalities in their earliest stages. If your pet is showing clear signs of a health problem or injury, we will run the necessary diagnostics to track those symptoms down to their origins. Our ability to provide in-house diagnostics means that we can respond with great speed and precision to any veterinary emergency, such as a compound fracture, internal bleeding, or toxin ingestion. Our diagnostic techniques and technologies include:
- Radiology - Radiology is the practice of taking X-rays to locate an internal injury, growth, congenital abnormality, urinary blockage, swallowed foreign object, or other internal problems.
- Vital sign readings - Your pet's blood pressure, breathing rate, heart rate, body temperature, and other vital signs can tell us much about his condition.
- Urinalysis - We can analyze urine samples in the laboratory to check for hormonal imbalances and the presence of diseases such as diabetes, urinary system disease, or kidney failure.
- Fecal testing - Analysis of fecal (stool) samples can tell us whether your pet has an internal parasitic infestation such as hookworms, pinworms, or tapeworms.
- Thyroid testing - If we suspect that your pet suffers from a hyperthyroid or hypothyroid condition, our animal clinic can diagnose such problems through blood testing along with specific tests to check for T4 and TSH levels.
- Skin cytology - Our veterinarian can remove cells from a suspicious area of your pet's skin and examine then under the microscope. This technique can help us diagnose conditions such as cancer.
- Exploratory surgery - Sometimes surgery is the best way to get a good look at your pet's condition. This diagnostic category includes both internal exploratory surgery and the removal of external tumors for further analysis.
What's Wrong with Your Pet? Ask Our Kissimmee Veterinarian
Do you want to know the exact state of your pet's state of health? Call our Kissimmee veterinarian at (407) 348-3444!